Hopefully my husband won't kill me for posting about this.
That's what happens when I have feelings and an open forum to write about them....
I spill my guts.
My cute hubbs got laid off yesterday.
Boo. Hiss. Cry.
It sounds cliche' to say this, but it really was through no fault of his own.
He is SUCH a hard worker and has worked his guts out for this stupid company for the last year and a half.
But, alas, he was the highest payed "staff auditor" of the 3 they have, and he got the very very short end of the 'bad economy' stick in my opinion. I could go into more details, but suffice it to say, they suck suck suck.
BIGTIME SUCK.
Moving on from that.......
This presents a few challenges (to say the least) for our little family.
I. am. terrified.
But, I know it will be ok eventually.
And more importantly, Mike is really optimistic and is confident in his skills.
(nun-chuck skills and all)
He has been my rock, smiling calmly while holding my crumbling little self.
He has more faith than I do sometimes.
We are staying in the Salt Lake area until Mike finishes his MBA/MAC and gets his CPA.
We will make it.
We will be fine.
Don't know how it will all work out quite yet, but it will.
My mom always says "it came to pass, it never came to stay"
But yesterday I cried. I cleaned my house (shocker) and I cried a little more.
Boo. Hiss. Cry.
Today is better.
I have one little dude sleeping in the cradle next to me as I type, and a beautiful blonde in the other room coloring, so I can't cry for long.
Who can cry with this guy around?
Oh, and PS- diet is SOOOOOOOO off, so don't be shocked if I weigh 300 pounds the next time you see me. Comforting myself by drowning in a sea of empty calories seems like a good idea right now.
Pop, chocolate, more pop.
Oh, the sweetness of life! LOVE it.
.......for today......
PPS- Yes, I'm looking for a job
PPPS- I know completely that the Lord has a plan, will guide our paths, and is watching out for us and loves us so much. I know completely.
Hugs to you and yours.

8 comments:
I'm so sorry Wendy! That really does suck! I'll be praying that you can find jobs real fast! Good luck with everything and remember I love you!!!
That SUCKS, but you are absolutely going to make it, and you'll be a stronger little family than ever.
We'll keep you in our prayers too.
Love you girl!
double boo! and triple hiss, and quadruple cry. Oh, and I never knew how to spell "nun-chuck".
Love you and will pray for your family!
I'm so sorry. That situation is definitely not fun (I know). It does find a way to work itself out somehow. I know faith and prayers will guide you through the next several weeks/months whatever of this situation.
So sorry to hear about Mike's job. You all are in our prayers. From someone who's been there--it's true, life does have a way of working out and usually better than you ever could have imagined! Love you lots!
I'm so sorry! So there's no chance whatsoever that you will be coming back our way? Love you and Miss you and will keep you in our prayers!
Post a Comment