Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Montana, Montana: Glory of the West

Of all the states from coast to coast, you're easily the best. 

I just feel more at peace when I'm there. 
I don't know why, but that's just how it is. 
Montana is for me what the beach is for Michael.  It's just where our souls are.

I'm lucky and we got to go home for a week and a day during the middle of August. 
It was glorious.

Highlights:

- Hanging out with my huge family at Spring Meadow Lake(I forgot my camera and got NO pics, boo)

- Hiking Mount Helena again (even with my out-of-shape, post baby body). Hurt. So. Good.

- Seeing/ spending time with my parents. LOVE them.

- Watching Cecily interact and play with her cute cousins.

- Going up stemple pass with my bro Ryan and his fam.

-Attempting to get family pictures in the raging wind. So funny.

This post is a little picture heavy :)


Made it up the Mt. Helena with CJ on my back.

Nolan was THRILLED, obviously.


Our weak attempt at a picture of all 4 of us with the city of Helena in the background.... except all you see are the kids' hats.......... sorry.


"Devil's Kitchen"  is the name of this tiny cave. We told Cecily we were going to eat lunch there and once she saw it she kept asking "mom, where's the kitchen?" 

Cecily with my dad on the 4 wheeler.  She  love love LOOOOOVES the 4 wheeler, almost as much as she loves Papa Lay.


 Haven't cropped this yet.  My brother took our pictures, but it was seriously SO windy that night!  Trust me when I tell you, wind blowing through your hair DOES NOT make you look like a supermodel. PS- my kids are dang cute.


When Cecily saw this one she said "Look!  It's mom and Cecily, and we've got hairs!"


Mike with Nolan trotting around Stemple pass.


She's quite the outdoors woman.

My older brother Ryan attempting to get "the shot" of some fish.


K, I'm in hate with this pic of me, but it's worth posting so you all can see Nolan.  Zoom in if you can't tell why I love it so much.  I laughed for hours. 

2 comments:

Pam said...

Yeah- that last pic of Nolan in TOO cute! I mean, laugh out loud funny... I woke Joe up laughing at it. :) Glad you guys had fun!

Laura Horne said...

Amos was looking over my shoulder while I read this and he said, "What's that? Amos wants to go!" You should consider a job with the tourism board =) Seriously, it looks fun!