Thursday, October 7, 2010

Veintiocho

I'm 28 today.
  Wow.  Kinda close to 30. 
Where did my 20's go??  Oh yeah-  college, marriage, vegas, 2 babies, and unemployment,
 just to name a few.....

Anyway, one year ago today I wrote this post about the things I've accomplished in my life.


Now, on to my 28 year list.  Last year was 27 things I've already done, so here's

28 things I WANT to do in the next 28 years

1. Have more babies.

2. Purchase or build a home.

3. Run a marathon

4. Take my kids out of school for 1 year and home school while traveling the US in an RV and teaching them about US History.

5.  Finish my kids 1st year scrapbooks

6. Record a song I've written (technically I've already done this, but I'm working on writing a better one)

7. Get REALLY good on my guitar

8. Have my own ceramics studio

9. Get a Master's Degree

10. Have a dinner party (I've never had one....)

11. Get 100% of my debt paid off, including my mortgage (when I get one).

12.  Take another dance class

13.  Help my kids with homework, and know what I'm talking about.

14.  Learn to play hymns on the piano

15. Teach at the Highschool level  

16.  Teach at the Pre-school level

17. Go to Thailand and Italy.

18. Get my body back in shape (working on this one, ugh) 

19.  Volunteer at a soup kitchen

20.  Teach my kids to be kind to everyone, no matter what

21. Improve/Re-learn Spanish

22. Share my testimony of the Gospel

23. Keep up on my record keeping (journal, blog, scrapbooks, life history, etc.  I'm WAY behind)

24. Sew a really big quilt

25. Learn to be patient

26.  Learn to knit

27. Teach my kids the value of working hard and accomplishing goals

28.  Love more freely, and be more Christlike.


6 comments:

The Hawks said...

Happy Birthday!! I wish I could celebrate with you! Love you tons!

Meagan , Brian, Sydney and Jonas! said...

good luck with your excellent list and Happy Birthday!

Amanda Sue said...

Happy Birthday Wendy! I love your list. We could help you accomplish having a dinner party next time J & I are in Utah. ;) Hope you are having a great day!

Jasmine said...

Happy birthday! Those are some great goals. I should do a list of my own someday....someday.

Unknown said...

Happy belated, my dear! We miss you a ton! Oh, and plan on a VERY big RV, 'cause we want to go to!! :)

AMY said...

Its funny.....I just turned 38 and I'm thinking I'm getting pretty close to 40! Where did my 20's go, where did my 30's go??? I still feel 25 though!
Adorable kids! I have joined your blog, come stop by mine sometime.
Amy~