Tonight I'm feeling thoughtful and reflective, so bear with me.
We moved out of our apartment in downtown Salt Lake on December 11th, 2010.
Two years earlier, on January 18, 2009 we moved in.
It has been a pretty fantastic 2 years.
Cecily was little when we moved in, and Nolan was "just a twinkle in our eyes" as my dad likes to put it.
We grew up there.
We sold a truck, traded a car, and bought an all wheel drive cross-over while we were there.
I was pregnant there. Then, we brought a new, perfect, tiny little boy to live there with us.
We were employed and unemployed there.
We were mostly financially stable, and a little bit broke.
We almost bought a house (again), and the Lord saved us from ourselves (again).
There were times that were a little hard, but we felt the hand of God blessing us.
He always does, I guess. I just need to recognize it more often.
I wish I would have taken some pictures on the night we moved out, but things were unbelievably crazy.
When we moved from LasVegas the only thing I was sad to leave behind were the good friends I made.
No love lost between Vegas and I, that's for sure.
But with Salt Lake there is a sense of sadness at moving on.
I know it's necessary, and good for me, and a totally awesome move for our family.
And I'm honestly really excited- really.
But, I'm sad to leave the beauty of the city, the arcitechture outside my front door, the runs up City Creek park, the morning walks with the kids down to Temple Square and on and on and on. I loved a lot about that place.
I disliked some stuff too, but that's another post ;o).
Anywhoo- I have lots of good memories I'm tucking away from SLC.
This is Cecily and I the day we moved in.
There was a little window with hinges in our door that swung open and was cool.
Wasn't she little? And cute?

2 comments:
I think you can make home and great memories anywhere you go! I am excited for your next two years!!
You are such a good writer! I'm glad you missed SOMETHING about Las Vegas! :)
Post a Comment