Friday, January 14, 2011

Christmas 2010

Still playing catch-up.
Yay!

 Christmas this year was so. much. fun. 
We were able to be at my parents house in Montana. 
Jeff (my oldest brother) and his family came up from Provo, UT as well as Russ (another bro) and his family came down from Great Falls, MT to spend the holiday.  All my other siblings live in Helena, so we had the whole fam-damily together!  Par-tay!

Here are some highlights from Christmas Eve:


Perhaps the greatest re-enactment of the Christmas Story ever. 

If you don't want to watch the whole thing, at least go to 1:25 and watch my girlie's stunning theatrical debut.  I also loved Mary riding in on the donkey at the beginning.  Priceless.
Cast:
Reader of Luke 2: Michael
Joseph: Henry
Mary: June
Baby Jesus: A blond doll
Donkey: Esther
Sheep: Eliza
Shepherds (look closely for them): Chris, Nolan, & Stephen
Angel: Cecily
2? Wise Men: Russ and Jeff


That evening we also decorated some sugar cookies for Santa.

Eliza and Esther.

June, Cecily, Eliza, Esther, and Henry

 Just a few of the fabulous creations

June-bug and C.J.  
These two spent most of their time trying to eat the candy and frosting :)


Christmas Day was really low-key and pretty amazing.
Late late late on Christmas Eve, Cecily got sick puking and then had -what Mike lovingly titled- "the great poo-splosion of 2010"  Poor little thing.  She felt great the next morning, though!
  Presents always make me feel better too.

We were able to open gifts with just our little family downstairs in my parents basement.  The kids woke up at 9 and it was heavenly.  Best Christmas present I received.

Our family on Christmas morning.


 Later that afternoon we had the ENTIRE Lay clan out to my parents house for a little appetizer munch.  We are one crazy bunch, I tell you. 

 This is all 21 of the grandkids. 
Do you love how most of them are either crying or trying to jump out of the picture?  I do.


And this is my whole huge amazing  35 person family.   And this picture fits us. 
PS- don't you just love how my parents are snuggling?


As chaotic as it is when we all get together, I am so grateful for ALL of them!  I am so blessed to have a family that is eternal and a family that loves each other. 
I am also grateful that my family is BIG!  It's more people to love and hug and have more fun with. 

This was a GREAT Christmas. 
I hope yours was equally as great.

2 comments:

Meagan , Brian, Sydney and Jonas! said...

Wow! That is so amazing that you all were able to get together! Makes me sad Brian and I will miss Easter.

Criscell said...

Oh I"m so happy that you could be together with your family for the holidays! Looks like you guys have so much fun together.