Monday, May 16, 2011

Done and Done

These cutie pants pictures were taken at 9:00am last saturday morning. 

Mike got home on friday at 4:00pm.  By 5:00 we had decided that our backyard needed a 'lil somethin' somethin'.  I LOVE havin' a backyard and I love letting the kids run around..... except that only lasted for about 10 minutes and then they got bored.  So, by 6:00 we were at Home Depot buying lumber and sand and making a SAAAWEEEEEEEEEEET sandbox. 
Mike and I had lots of fun building it!
We put it together on friday night and painted it, then saturday morning Mike jumped out of bed and went outside (even before breakfast) to put the tarp and sand in it and move it by the fence. 
I wish I would have thought about taking pics during the process, but oh well! 

They think it's AWESOME!

The beans love it and have spent HOURS in it over the past few days.
In fact, I was able to till and plant my ENTIRE garden today (more on that later) while they were happily occupied.
Bliss. 


ALSO,
Mike and I have officially registered for a half marathon at the end of October!  Both of us have been wanting/needing a physical goal to work towards and this seemed like a fun solution.   We have quite a while to train, so hopefully we will be in super shape and it will be lots of fun. 
Feel free to ask me how training is going!
Frankly, I need the accountability and motivation. 

2 comments:

Ross said...

That's adorable! Now, you'll be right over to build one for us this weekend, right? Right?
;)

Word verification: robbee
Actually, it should be Robbee. I'm pretty sure it's one of those new fangled spelling be some weird mom trying to make her kid's name more "unique"...

Brittany said...

Cute sandbox, thats awesome! Good luck on the half! You can do it! I wish I would do something like that but I'm a wuss.