Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Goofy Girl


She's a little crazy, but I love her.

Today Cecily came up with the next big thing in............. lotion?  She was standing in front of the mirror and I heard her talking in a high pitched little voice saying "ooooooh, now we just rub it in and our skin is sooooooooo soooooooft and smoooooooood."  
I, of course, inquired as to what she was doing and what was making her skin so soft and she said simply, "My tongue schlopp, mom.  Want some?"
Tongue Schlopp?  
Yep, you guessed it- she was just licking her arms and rubbing it in. 
Ewwww.  And funny?
I have no idea where she came up with it, but it made me laugh. 
And PS- Today at lunch she licked the side of her dads face.  He was none too happy, even after she told him it was her special tongue schlopp.

___

She also named both of our cars. 
Our Subaru is (apparently) a girl car with the illustrious title of  Trixie.
Hopefully Trixie behaves herself and isn't as scandalous as she sounds....
And for Michael's new Honda Civic she somewhere came up with the name Brondo. 
Yeah, you read that right.  Brondo. 
No idea.
She's been really in to calling the cars by their names too.
She corrects us if we call it "The Subaru" or "The Honda"

___

Yesterday we were missing daddy, (Cecily actually asked me if he still lived at our house....wanna cry?   I did, no worries) so we packed an overnight bag and drove 2 hours to Miles City where he is working this week. 
Today we stayed to have lunch with Mike before we drove home.
We were sitting in the hotel and I said to Cecily "Hurry, go get your shoes on because we've got to go meet your daddy."
Immediately she went into hysterics- crying and screaming and between sobs I heard her say "We don't eat people, mommy! It's not nice!"
She thought I said "Let's go EAT daddy."
I am still giggling thinking about it.

1 comment:

Montana Wilkins said...

Hey! This post finally showed up on my blog. So here's my comment: Cecily is hilarious!!! She's also so nice to be so protective of her father. I hope you've learned your lesson about eating people. Silly mommy!
Janet

Word verification: tatakett
I think it's one of those words that toddlers say to their mommies and the mommy CAN NOT figure out what they really mean.

"Tatakett, Mama!"

"Blanket?"

"Tatakett!"

"Not yet?"

"Tatakett!"

??????????

;o)