Saturday, August 20, 2011

Expect the Unexpected


The past week has been probably the most stressful/wonderful week of my life.  No, seriously.  Not kidding.  Just to give you a quick run-down: 

1. Mike has been looking for a different job for about 2 months.  The traveling has been extremely hard on our family, not to mention Mike's boss.... (how shall I put this?) ... is awful and horrible and has been since the first day.  He informed Mike last month that he has been "building his case" to let Mike go since February. Whaaaaaaaa????????? Yeah, thanks Jerk, that really makes me want to work hard.

2. Last Wednesday (the 10th) Mike's boss called and told him that they were "releasing him from training" and he needed to turn in his computer, etc. on friday the 12th. 

3. At this point I freaked out.  2nd layoff in 14 months.  What's a girl to do besides freak out?

4. On Friday the 12th, we went as a family to meet Mike's boss and drop off  his stuff.  I wanted the retard to see who he was screwing over.  Two sweet babies, that's who (ya jerk!). Ok, so maybe I'm a little bitter..............?

5. Friday afternoon Mike got a call.  "The call that changed it all," so to speak.  It was from a mine in Colstrip, MT (see it up on the south-east corner of the map up there?).  They were offering him a job for 10K more than he was making in Billings.  WOOOOOOOOT!

6. We spent the weekend going to the temple, praying, and crying.  Well, the crying was mostly me, I'll admit.  The truth is, while I was excited about making more money, we just bought a house and I wasn't sure if it was the right thing to try to sell already.  Not to mention the fact that Colstrip is 2 hours further away from my family in Helena and Utah, and it's in the middle of nowhere montana and it's TINY.  Tiny actually doesn't begin to describe it.  As of the 2010 census, it was 2200 people.  Twenty-two.  Hundred.  Not thousand.  Hundred.  Mike had more people in his highschool. 

7.  Ultimately, we are deciding to rent our house out and move to Colstrip.  It still sounds weird in my head that we're actually doing it, but it's the right thing.  Baaaaaahhhh!  This is our 3rd move in 9 months.  What the crazy???? 


We'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

Diane Conn said...

I hate moving! Sorry about Mike's job, but congratulations on the new one! Sounds like the Lord has some perfect timing for you!

2200 people will be an adjustment for you, but I'm sure you'll do fine.

Kendra said...

Oh my! So sad that all that happened but happy for what could be an exciting future! So amazing how the Lord works: when one door closes, another opens! Love ya!

Russ Lay said...

Well You are awesome Wendy,
I'm glad that you are being looked after by the Lord. He's kind of nice that way.

Criscell said...

Good luck you guys!!! I bet you have been so worried/stressed. That's a big decision. Hopefully things will work out okay for you! Way to have faith!

Nat-a-baby said...

Oh wow Wendy! You must be exhausted! Good luck with the move and the new job. That was great timing on the job offer. If you need tips on living in a small town, I might be able to help, although the town I live in does have 23,000 people... I still think it's small.

Meagan , Brian, Sydney and Jonas! said...

Wow! what a roller-coaster week! That's really tiny! That's always tough when you think about the school systems and probably some distances you will have to travel to attend church and moving again. I feel for you guys! I hope everything works out OK!