Thursday, October 20, 2011

Cecily's "Not a REAL party" 4th Birthday Party



Cecily's 4th birthday party was (how shall I put this?) low key? small? family oriented?  It was just not as big as I had originally planned, I guess.  I had big dreams of a tea party birthday with all Cecily's friends from her church Sunbeam class coming and having petit fours and cucumber sandwiches.  But, alas, plans change (not to mention our house, our job, our location, and our life changed...)  So, we had cupcakes and presents as a family and we are saving the tea party for another year.

We DID have a fun time, though!  It was cute to see my girl get excited about her presents and cupcakes. 

I made "poke cake" cupcakes, which my friend Erin makes all the time. BEST FROSTING EVER!  Honestly, the recipe works better as a cake, but I wanted cupcakes instead, and they were yummy.
 Erin's recipe blog is FABULOUS, and I LOVE that she makes up mostly her own recipes, or uses family ones. 

The day after Cecily's birthday party she said, "Was that my birthday?  It wasn't my REAL party, right mom?"  I laughed and realized that when you're four you don't understand that people aren't willing to drive thier kids 2 hours just for cupcakes. 

Yesterday we made halloween cards and she started asking me if she could make invitations to her 5th birthday party. Silly girl.

We all had fun and my chick got some FABULOUS presents.





Under the birthday sign with her Strawberry Shortcake dollies.


In the video below she is opening her big present.
I sure love this little darlin'.

2 comments:

Meagan , Brian, Sydney and Jonas! said...

Happy Birthday Cecily! Sydney's wasn't big either this year but I guess she's not old enough to tell the difference yet, thankfully! Looks like she got some super cute toys!

Montana Wilkins said...

First off, I love your birthday signs. They are the coolest thing ever!
Second, you got Cecily the BEST. PRESENT. EVER! You know I'm a fan of the Strawberry Shortcake dolls. Way to keep your little girl a little girl.
Third, she is going to have a HUGE party next year, right? The whole town of Colstrip will come, won't they? ;o)

Love your girl! Glad she had a happy day!