This is just a random smattering of cell phone pictures. Not a whole lot of substance. But, since this blog is a way to document our life, you get to see them. And in case you care, I'm cooking up a post about our new diggs in colstrip, but that's for another day.
Remember way back when when I mentioned that when Nolan falls down he looks like an Albatross landing? Well, he was bounding through the park last week and had an unfortunate meeting with the sidewalk. As in, he slowed himself down with his face. So sad. So cute.
Mike has a hardhat at work because occasionally they let the nerds out of the office and they're able to go out on the mine and watch stuff blow up. We were visiting him the other day and Cecily really wanted to "try on that cool orange hat!"
Mikes new job is amazing- more on that later.
We were visiting because the office threw us all a pizza party to welcome us to town.
Seriously nice people.
This weekend for conference I decided to try "conference jars" with the kids. Cecily chose the squares that said Temple, Prophet, and Jesus Christ. So every time someone said one of those things in conference, she got to get a candy from the jar and share one with Nolan. It worked well at first, but they were so strung out on sugar by the end that we ended up DVRing the last 2 talks on Sunday and taking them on a walk to burn off the high. Next April I'll try something different.
This was Cecily's lovely General Conference coloring page. Do you like how she colored Thomas S. like Frankenstein?
Here's Nolan's. Not as colorful, but he showed his love for Thomas S. in his own way.
1 comment:
Like I said, poor little albatross boy! That looks like it hurt.
I also love the facial expressions your Cecily girl has. Priceless! And I'm impressed with the good attempts at making General Conference hopefully happier and saner. I know it doesn't always work, but just doing it makes you feel better than if you hadn't! We didn't get too elaborate this time. Just printed off some coloring sheets, but even that helped! Love you!
Word verification: sivent
Well, obviously, a vampire is talking here. (And I mean a real Transylvanian vampire, not one of those twilighty things.) He is starting to answer the question, "Where did Cyrus go?" And then he replies with something like, "Sivent to de store." ;o)
Post a Comment