Saturday, October 22, 2011

10 Year Reunion

I know I've mentioned this before, but I absolutely LOVE my high school girlfriends.  This past weekend I was able to have  a little "girl trip" with them in Seattle.  I left the kiddos with Grammy and Papa Lay and hopped on a plane! 

 I wore make-up for 4 days in a row, slept 3 nights uninterrupted, and took showers alone for the first time in months.  I am so thankful for my awesome parents!
PS- mike was working and "bring your kids to work day" isn't for another few months.

ITEM NUMERO UNO: Seattle is INCREDIBLY beautiful.  Usually I'm not a big city lover, but Seattle is the exception.  There are so many trees that you don't feel the concrete jungle-ness at all.  There are great parks and lakes and it is a veritable smorgasbord of stunning architecture.  Love. 

ITEM NUMERO DOS: My friends are so amazing.  It's been 10 years since we graduated, but we can get together and it feels like not a day has passed.  Conversation was easy, hugs were given freely, and good times were had by all.  It is hard to even write down exactly how close I am to these women.  Most of us are in different places in our lives- some are single, some are married, a few have kids, and a few don't.  But honestly, it doesn't even matter.  For some reason we can all relate to each other and connect.  I treasure the friendship I have with these 8 incredible women.  They have each become such accomplished, strong, smart, not to mention beautiful ladies.  In the last few years I have watched them struggle with illness, heartbreak, loss and setbacks, and come through with courage and grace.  OK, I'm done gushing.  But you get my point: I feel lucky to be connected to them! They bring a diversity to my point of view and make me want to be a better human being.

ITEM NUMERO TRES: We had so much FUN! We were missing 2 of our posse, Michelle and Leslie- but we'll see them in June when Erin gets MARRIED! WOOP!  Can't wait!

You've probably seen 'em on Facebook if we're friends, but here's the pics :

At The Locks in Seattle.  It's where the boats come through this gate thing..... and they get lowered down.... into the harbor..... or something.  It's simple gravity, I just can't explain it.   
Back- erin, erica, katie f, wendy
Front- kelly, katie h, & amy


PHO'!!!!!  Yum! They don't have Pho' in Colstrip :)


More pictures at the locks.  We're back lit- oops. Uhhh, aren't we simply glowing?


Erin's b-day was the 10th and mine was the 7th, so the girls surprised us with gourmet cupcakes.  SOOOOOOOO delish. And so thoughtful.


The gum wall. Eww.  And a carmel apple cider.  Mmm.


Katie and I at the market.  
 Oh, how I love the flowers, the fish, the shopping.  It was amazing.


My lovely ladies.

3 comments:

Meagan , Brian, Sydney and Jonas! said...

That sounds like such a fun trip! I totally know about the no make-up thing. Man, some days it's just pjs all day. But fun pictures! I've never been to Seattle but I really want to go!

Unknown said...

Gahh high school friends are the best!! You're one of the lucky ones who has stayed in touch with high school friends. Amber and I have stayed in touch with a bunch of them and it's great. Such a blessing! Looked like lots of fun with the girls!

Montana Wilkins said...

You know I love you and your girls. I'm also still jealous at how photogenic you are.
This looks like an amazing trip. I'm telling you that we need to do a sisters trip like this one day! Where do you want to go????