Hey peeps: read the previous post first or this one will be confusing :)
WEEK 1:
The commandment:
(Exodus 20:3)
Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Obviously, I don't worship any god except my Heavenly Father.
But this commandment got me thinking about the things in my life that maybe I place in higher priority than getting closer to my Heavenly Father.
It took a bit, but eventually I thought of one thing I value more than almost anything else.......
sleep.
I have loved sleeping in my whole life.
I can't STAND not getting a full night and I am big time cranky if I am inturrupted.
Having little babies was/ is hard for me.
I always make excuses and say things like "i'm just not a morning person" and "my body doesn't function on less than 8 hours" and blah blah blah.
The personal confessions:
I usually lay around in the morning and don't get things done.
I hardly ever (really, pretty much never) get up before my kids.
And I've struggled with remembering morning prayer for forever (insert *gasp* here).
The personal epiphany:
When I place sleep above productivity, scripture study, and prayer I'm placing other things before my worship and study of God.
The goal:
I will get up every morning this week at 6:30am. My kids don't wake up until 7:30 or 8 usually. I will read, pray, get dressed and MAKE MY BED SO I CAN'T CRAWL BACK IN TO IT.
Hope for the outcome:
Greater spirituality and motivation to get things done throughout the day! Go me!
And a scripture for motivation:
Doctrine and Covenants, Section 88, verse 124: "Cease to be idle; cease to be unclean; cease to find fault one with another; cease to sleep longer than is needful; retire to thy bed early, that ye may not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated."
3 comments:
Go Wendy! I think your 10 week challenge sounds awesome! I loved your notes on your first week. Good luck!
I am so totally in love with this goal! Mostly because it applies to me more than I'd like it to!!!
How did you do on this one? I think I need to write out and post my goals too.
Wow--what a good idea! You are so awesome, Wendy, do you know that? I love sleep too--you're not alone!
Post a Comment