Exodus 20:7: Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Once again, we're going with another loose interpretation as it applies to my life. I don't LITERALLY take the Lords name in vain. My parents would have KILLED me when I was younger if I did, and as I grew up, my love for God and my testimony precluded me from blasphemin'. *( hehe. imagine me saying it in a southern accent. it's funny.)So, taking the Lords name in vain......
The confessions:
(Janet, stop reading) Sometimes I swear. I know, I'm like- 13 or something. I say the D-word. and the S-word. And last weekend, in a hormone fuelled rage, I said a REALLY bad word. "The mother of all dirty words" as ralphie so eloquently put it. I know, right? Seriously? Who am I? Anyway, sometimes it happens.
Also, sometimes I yell. I HATE yelling. I think it's kinda ridiculous. And yet, I do it.
The epiphany:
I shouldn't swear. Duh. And I shouldn't scream at my family. Duh. Both things I know I should have taken care of years ago. Oops.
The goal:
This week I'm going to work on keeping my MIND free of all my blasphemin' as well as my tongue. I'm going to count to 10 and not yell. I'm going to work on being a yes mom, instead of an angry, no mom.
Hope for the outcome:
I know swearing isn't that big of a deal (well, I don't think it is). But, I hope that by cleanin' up my dirty mouth I will gain more sensitivity in my language. I hope my words (in general) will be less harsh, and I will speak with more love and kindness.
A scripture for inspiration:
Proverbs 15:1 "A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger."
No comments:
Post a Comment