Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My New Habit

So, I've started a new little ritual lately. I'm not sure why I'm blogging about this. I guess it just feels good to put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard, as the case may be). Every night right before I go to bed, I creep into Cecily's room, steal her out of her crib and hold her for a few minutes. Partially because she's so rambunctious lately that she won't sit still, and it's the only time I can cuddle her, partially because I'm working now and I miss putting her to bed, and partially because of recent events. Last weekend I attended the funeral of a baby boy born to a friend of mine. When I found out about his death, I was absolutely heartbroken for his mother and father, and could not imagine the pain they must be feeling. I cried for them, and prayed that God would give them comfort. At the funeral, Ricky, the father of the baby said the closing prayer. He thanked God for the 5 days they were able to have with their little boy. It made me realize how many things I take for granted in this life. I want to make sure that I am taking time to appreciate my little girl and the amazing 8 1/2 months we've had with her. I want to make sure that I'm appreciating how little she is, because I know she won't stay this way for long. I want to be more grateful to my Heavenly Father for my good life. I'm grateful that I've had this experience and the things life teaches us. I have so much to learn. Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

Montana Wilkins said...

I like this habit! It's a relaxing part of the day for me to check on my sleeping children and it always makes me thankful for them. Can't wait to see you tomorrow! Start packing now!
Love, Janet