Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Full House

Samantha and Logan- My sister Janet's kiddies
Cecily and her cousin Rebecca (who is 3 months)
Logan- perhaps one of the cutest 3 year olds ever

Oh my oh my oh my. So much has happened in the past week. Where to start? Mike went to a week of training in Denver CO, so it was just CJ and I until Wednesday....... That's when the adventures began..... Sean, mike's younger brother came to visit, 'cause he needed a break from life in Cali, so we went to the strip to pick him up. We were excited to have him come. (ps- I stayed up until about 2 on tuesday night cleaning the whole house except the upstairs. I worked that night so I didn't start 'til 10 or so) Wednesday night rolled around and I got a phone call from my cousin Michelle. She and her family broke down by Baker, CA and needed me to come help them. I ran around like a crazy person trying to clean my upstairs so they could stay there. Needless to say, most of the junk got thrown into my bedroom..... Anyway, they were with me until thursday afternoon and (thankfully) Mike got home that night. It was fun to see them, and I was happy to help them out. My sister Janet and her fam came Friday and stayed until Monday morning on their way to Cali to visit Ross' family. Again, it was fabulous to see them, but it made for a crazy weekend. Monday afternoon I packed up the girl and we drove to Laughlin, NV to see Mike 'cause he's there this week on business and 2 weeks away from Daddy is TOO LONG! Today we drove back because I have to work tomorrow (poo!). SO, that's the week I've had. I feel happy and drained all at the same time. I wish my hubby were at home, but somebody has to pay the bills.



In other news, I accidentally left my wallet in a wal-mart shopping cart just as I left town for Laughlin. I called and they said they had it. Today when I picked it up it still had my ID and credit cards and debit cards and checkbook in it, but the $75 in cash I was going to use for my trip was (of course) gone. I knew it would be, but seeing it gone today made me so angry. I guess I was hoping against hope that people were decent. Nope. I guess since it's something I would NEVER think of doing, maybe I thought others wouldn't either. My mama raised me better than that, but not everyone had a mom as great as mine. Oh well. Mike keeps telling me to get on my knees and be thankful that they didn't take our cards. He's a better person than me. I am grateful, though, don't worry. It could have been SO much worse. I hope the little cart pusher who stole my moolah enjoys it. The poop. (just kidding- i don't know who stole it- maybe they needed it more than me).



So this is the longest post ever. Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

fran said...

I left my wallet at Costco and trip on this...the guy came to my house and handed it back to me with $400 in cash for my tithing....lol I would of had a heart attack if that was gone