Saturday, August 23, 2008

Call me crazy, but................

For some reason I've been resisting reading the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer........ Honestly, I don't see what all the fuss is about. It seems like the target audience would be 12 to 16 year old girls, but let me say that it has reached a much broader spectrum. I've been looking at people's blogs (Blog-stalking, hehe) and every other one seems to say "I just finished Breaking Dawn" or "I stayed up 57 hours streight to finish Breaking Dawn" or " I waited three weeks in line and camped on the sidewalk so that I could buy Breaking Dawn the night it was released." Seriously? Maybe I should just give in and read the books. I'll probably eat my words, I know. Then again, maybe I'll just wait for the movie...................

10 comments:

fran said...

Seriously I need to read it as well...lol I'll get addicted like i did with Harry Potter...(yes i'm a nerd)

Melanie said...

You will most definitely be eating your words. Don't wait for the movie...it doesn't look like it will even be able to compare to the books!

Brittany said...

I enjoyed the books but I'm also a fan of reading books after seeing the movie. I was so happy I read Harry Potter after seeing the first 4 movies. The Twilight series is pretty intense sometimes and honestly, I wouldn't want any girl under 18 reading them. (I don't like that they are young adult.) It's a fun series though and even Brad liked them! Don't get too excited though, some people don't like them at all.

Kendra said...

Wendy, maybe you and I can hold out to see who can last the longest without reading the series? Anyways, thanks for your comment on my blog about tiramisu- I'm glad I'll have some company in HELL! Ha,Ha

Ms. Boedee said...

Yeah...I am the same way. Maybe it is because of all the hype that I am NOT reading them! :)

Jasmine said...

I haven't read them either, but my sister and my sister-in-law (and I think my mother-in-law) have read them. I know my sister didn't really like "Breaking Dawn", but I've also heard from people who loved it. For me it's one of those "meh" series - I could read it, but don't really have a strong desire to.

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

I'm glad I found your blog. :) I was trying not to read them, either, because I thought the same thing, but I couldn't put them down. I read all four books in a week. I can't promise that you would like them, but you should read the books before you see the movie. My sister in law says the movie previews don't even do the books justice at all. That's just what she says, though.

Charles Family said...

Hi Wendy, I hope you don't mind, but I found your blog by "blogstalking". I was excited to see that you have one. It's been a long time since the good Carino's days. You have such a cute little family!

Celeste said...

Wendy I am so with you! I keep hearing everyone rave about them, but as of yet I have not been inspired--we can hold out together!!!
Love,
Celeste

megrampton said...

Just do it bird! I gave in and they are fun page turners. Not much to it but entertaining.