Wednesday, October 28, 2009

..this is your life....

Today I instant messaged mike while he was at work. The conversation went like this:



Me: Hey! Do you know where my phone is? I can't find it.



Mike: no



Me: Well, can you call me so I can find it?


Me: how is work?


Me: how were the burrito's?


Me: the girl is poopy. this is my life


Me: at least she's happy, though


Me: and she is giving me kisses


Me: and she is trying to sit on her brother


Me: and she just wrote on your white shoes with pen.



(long pause)



Me: you are busy. i shouldn't message you at work, sorry


Me: but I love you


Me: call me when you have time...... maybe I'll find my phone when you do....



I have no idea why I found it so amusing when I re-read it. I guess the one-sided nature of it made me laugh. Plus the fact that my world is my 2 year old. Gotta love it. Some days when I don't have things to do (shopping, mom's group, etc) I crave adult converstation and it was just funny the way I kept trying to get him to respond. He's a busy man. I think I need a hobby :)



Another funny bit 'o information:
Cecily is convinced that there are 3 babies in mommy. One in my tummy and one in each breast. Every time I tell her there's a baby inside and point to my tummy, she pats my belly and says "hi baby" then proceeds to pat each boob and say "hi baby.... hi baby" Sorry chick, that's not how it works. Cracks me up every time, though.

4 comments:

Montana Wilkins said...

You didn't call me today! I totally could have given you adult conversation. That is, when I wasn't changing multiple poopy diapers (and underwear. yuck.), leaving my hand mirror within Luke's reach so he could smash it on the floor, convincing Logan that he had to wait until it warmed up a little before he went outside to play in the snow, etc.
I like grown-up talk to, but frequently have the same kind of one sided conversations with Ross. Funness.
Hey, the word verification is "thrac". I think that must mean when you whack something three times it's called a "thrac". Only, I guess you'd need a K on the end there. Hmm. Oh well. :o)

The Hawks said...

ahhh...the life of a stay-at-home mom. and cecily is hilarous! that cracks me up! love you!

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

You can always call me!!! I feel the same way. :) I have hobbies, but sometimes I just don't feel like doing them and you need someone to talk to that doesn't say "NO" or "If you say so" after everything you say. ;)

RaeAnn said...

Yes I can relate to the curve confusion of children. I have been groped many times over the last few months. Why is it OK to touch the belly bump and not the others??