Friday, January 29, 2010

prayers to heaven

Cecily JeNae is the cutest girl ever.  Have I mentioned that?

Last night Mike had MBA classes, so CJ was put to bed by mom.  After a funny "I'm so excited I'm going to try diving head first into the water" experience in the bathtub, we got her jammies on, brushed teeth, read a story, and it was time for prayers. 

I told her to go kneel by her bed and she scurried into her bedroom. 

Usually Mike and I take turns saying prayer and occasionally Cecily sits still through them. 

But last night was different

I went in and knelt beside her and heard her whisper  "Hevenee Fadder, tank oo for dis day........mommy, daddy, cecily................................... (long pause)..... mom, close your eyes.........." (at which point she leaned over and put her hand over my eyes). 

I finished the prayer for her, we said Amen, I kissed her goodnight, put her in bed, and promptly started to cry.  Good crying.   

My little one is getting so big. 

5 comments:

Jasmine said...

That is so cute!!! How do you stand her?!? ;)

Pam said...

absolutely precious! Hope you are hangin' in there. I am praying for you...

fran said...

haha...when Kaelyn prays it sounds like "Harry potter, we tankful dis day" haha love it

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh I love that. She is too cute.

Criscell said...

PRECIOUS!! I love it! Maybe you've had your baby by now? If so, I hope all went well!