Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Ten Commandments

So, since we've moved to Colstrip, I've had this feeling that I need to change. 
Everything about my surroundings and circumstances has changed in the past year (several times), and while I've grown a lot from the experience, I have not become the person I want to be yet. 

Have any of us, really?

 I've been journaling a lot lately and it's helped me become more introspective.

A few weeks ago I was writing my thoughts and I started getting sad because I seem to fall short in so many important areas.
Then, I was reading my scriptures and I had this wierd idea.......
I'm calling it
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS CHALLENGE
I'm going to use it as a way to make goals and be held accountable for them via the internet.
(Don't ask me where I got this- I know it's cuckoo.)

Most of you know that I am a religious person.
I don't keep it a secret.
I don't talk a whole lot about it on my blog, however, since it's something I hold dear and it's deeply personal.  But, for the sake of self growth- I'm going to suspend my rules.

FAIR WARNING:
I will be blogging about my shortcomings (oh my!)
And, at times, possibly my testimony/ religion (shocker!)


SO, here's the deal:  For the next 10 weeks I'm going to work on one commandment a week.
I'm obviously tailoring these commandments to my personal shortcomings, so that I can work on what my needs, and my family's needs are. 
I'm going to start tomorrow (monday) and hopefully blog about it every Sunday. 
The blogging will help keep me on track, since I'll have all of you telling me I can do it (in the back of my mind).  I KNOW (read: really really hope) I can do it.

Wish me luck, and try not to judge me.  Seriously, you will cringe at some of the things I'm working on and say to yourself  "Wow, I haven't struggled with that since I was 5!" or something. :) 
 I'm a little slow on the uptake.
Work in progress here, peeps.
Love ya!



2 comments:

Montana Wilkins said...

For some reason your posts are not updating on my blog. Weird. Sorry for the long time, no comment from me.
You're very inspiring. It sound like you were meant to think this up! Keep doing it. I'm pretty sure I will NOT be judging you on your shortcomings. :o)

Word Verification: bamisio

Um...it sound foreign? Like maybe Portuguese? So it must mean...something. It's probably a place?

Laura Horne said...

This is a great challenge! I am a little behind, but I am loving reading your posts and catching up.