Sunday, January 2, 2011

Long Time Gone

About a month ago I got upset.
I read a blog and it made me mad.
I know I shouldn't let silly blogs get to me, but I'll admit- I allowed myself to be annoyed. For a long time.

Like- the better part of a week.
I wasted half my week fuming about the Internet of all things.

The person who wrote it probably meant no harm, but hurtful and rude things were said (not to me directly) and I took offense for the population at large.

Ridiculous? Yes.
But I'm human, and a woman, and sometimes I can't help it.

My point to this story?

I'm took a short break from blog-world. After I relaxed I realized that I was allowing myself to get too worked up over people/things/blogs that shouldn't matter. I knew that I had spent too much time thinking about the Internet and not enough time thinking about REAL life. And lets be honest- THE INTERNET IS FAKE. We are not all perfect housewives with fabulously decorated homes. We are not all perfectly dressed and manicured on a daily basis (I'm lucky if I put make-up on twice a week...) We don't have things as put together as we would like the rest of the world to think.

The things that matter are my kiddos, my hubbs, and my sanity.

I took a month to work on that- and I'm still workin' on it.

BUT
I'm going to resume blogging, since lots has happened in the past month that I want to keep a record of.  I suck at record keeping usually, but blogging seems to have worked over the past few years. 

So, I'm back and I'll share my December with you if you'd like to read it. 
Coming soon to a blog near you.

5 comments:

Brittany said...

I have done the same thing, get bent out of shape from reading blogs. I think women like us should break the cycle of showy fake crap! So on that note, I hope it wasn't my blog that offended you. I try to keep it real.

Torrey said...

Seriously love you (in a non lesbian way) and I just wanted to let you know that you are awesome! I enjoy reading your blog because you are 100% you.

The Hawks said...

I have been wondering what happened to you! And the same thing happens to me with blogging. I'm sure I don't have to remind you of my previous blogging vents. Nathan always gets mad and tells me to stop reading certain blogs because I get too worked up. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, I completely agree with you. It's so easy to get sucked into Internet "life" and lose sight of reality. I'm glad you are back! I miss you lots and love you! Congrats to your hubbs on the Master's. That's awesome!

Charles Family said...

I am so glad you are posting again. I love reading your posts and I could not agree with you more. I am definitely not the perfect housewife/decorator etc. and I struggle when people profess to be. Anyway, Congrats to Mike, and PS I love your hair brown as well as blonde.

Criscell said...

Oh Wendy, I'm so sorry for whatever you read. I can relate though as I know I have felt like that too. I'm glad you're back to blogging because I love to read your blog! CONGRATS to Mike!! Way to go! That's a wonderful accomplishment. And good luck with the move. I know it's so hard to start over again. And last but not least--Happy 5 years to you guys!