Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Adjustments

I've been thinking lately about life.
I've been trying (like the rest of you) to figure it all out. 
Here's my latest thinkings (not necessarily original, be advised):
Life really is just a series of changes that we are constantly navigating.  From big events to small, we are simply adjusting what we do and what we think and how we react. 
I think I've mentioned before that patience is not a virtue that comes easily to me.  I've always known this, but for some reason I thought patience would magically show up the moment I became a mother.  Not so. 
Not even one little bit.
I'm still working and working and working.
Adjusting and adjusting and adjusting.


As a funny side note:
 I also had an entire list of things I was going to do/not do with my children.  Example: television.  Before CJ I vowed to limit TV time to 2 hours per week.
*insert a chuckle here* 
 And the rest of the time I would do educational, artistic, mind stimulating activities with her.
*insert large belly laugh here*

The truth is, having a baby is about re-adjusting your life to accommodate another human being, and coping ANY way you possibly know how.  Cecily was actually an easy baby and was relatively hassle free, but the older she got the more I had to adjust.  Then Nolan came and the world turned a little more topsy turvey and I had to re-adjust my previous adjustments. And just when I thought things were settling down, my youngest (very active-wants-to-get-in-to-everything-crazy-all-over-the-place) boy decided he's had enough with naps and has stopped taking them.  So, two hours that used to be productive in my day are now lost, and I am learning a new way to do the dishes (with a helper) and a new way to fold laundry (with a helper) and a new way to attempt crafts with CJ (put her in another room by herself and pray she doesn't make TOO much of a mess).
I'm trying to adjust and trying not to cry.

But, this is just one of the many adjustments we ALL have to make on a daily basis.  We all have trials, ups, downs, joys, and sorrows.  And how we adjust our lives dictates weather or not we will grow or digress. 
I am hoping I can keep growing.

I know this post is a little bit scattered and fragmented, but this is my life!

2 comments:

Montana Wilkins said...

I'm kind of in love with this post. You have good thoughts, my dear. Kisses to you and call me any time you're working through yet another adjustment!

Meagan , Brian, Sydney and Jonas! said...

I'm right there with you on the tv limit and activities. yeah right! Patience is something I THOUGHT I had patience and then came the kids. oh boy! good luck to both of us making adjustments!