Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Town

Colstrip is a funny little town.  We like it.  It has it's perks.

Here's some of our favorite things:

1. There's a free recreation center for anyone who lives/pays taxes in Colstrip.  They have free daycare if you want to work out sans kids, they have free classes specifically FOR your kids, and there are spinning, lifting, yoga, cardio, and all kinds of other classes. Free.  Awesome. Yay.
Here's my girl, rockin' the balance beam.

 
2. Other drivers wave at you when you pass them.  Just to be nice.  'Cause it's a small town. 

3.  There are 4 wheelers and dirt-bikes all over the roads here.

4. There are (something like) 27 miles of bike/running trails throughout the community and hills.  It comes in handy while training for a 1/2 marathon.

5.  The whole town went to the homecoming football game at the high school.  Go Colts!  There would have been a parade too, but it got rained out.  There's always next year.

6.  Deer run amok. So funny, right?  Tonight on my run one jumped out of a gully and started staring me down. He was about 8 feet away from me and I thought I was going to die, or piddle in my panties (neither of which happened, thankfully).  At least I'm getting close to nature?  I think I'll carry bear spray tomorrow, though. 


7. Yesterday I saw 2 phesants right outside my back gate.

What's your favorite thing about where  you live?

3 comments:

Meagan , Brian, Sydney and Jonas! said...

Thanks for the humorous list Wendy and I'm glad you survived! We recently went to the Red River Revel which was fun and the Mardi Gras parades in February (family one) were awesome! still have a huge stash of beads to give away!

Montana Wilkins said...

My favorite thing about where I live is the Sleeping Giant. And the Parrot. And probably Staggering Ox. Oh, and I like the mountains. And the town history. Do I have to pick just one???
I am jealous of the free rec center. (Is that bad to be jealous?) Also, the parks. That would be fun to have more than we do here in Helena.
You weren't in your car when you saw the deer did you? If so, it should have been afraid. You have a history with deer and you always win! Haha. And piddling in your panties. Gross description. Possibly accurate, but gross. ;o)

Word verification:

matioc

I know! I know! Capitalize the M and then you can name your next son Matioc! Or girl, you know. Whatevs. It would be so unique! (Insery ralphing noise here.)

Montana Wilkins said...

*insert*