I honestly can't believe that he's 2!
Time has gone SOOOOO fast!
I'm not really one of those moms who cries about her kids getting older. Honestly, I think that's kinda silly. Time will pass and inevitably they will grow up, learn new things, and become the people they were meant to be. I LOVE THAT! It makes me excited, not sad*.
But, time always does seem to fly when the day to day is filled with helping your kiddos stay clean, fed, healthy, and happy.
HAPPY 2nd BIRTHDAY, KIDDO!
I like birthdays because they give me a chance to reflect and remember them when they were itsy bitsy and in my tummy, then my arms, then my lap. Now my little Nolan man is running away from me every chance he gets, and I love him all the more for it.
There's something special about mom's and their boys, I think. I have an amazing bond with my girlie-Q as well, but with Nolan it's just different. Maybe it's that they can run-in-the-mud, throw-balls-at-your-head, wrestle-your-leg-until-you-want-to-scream, but then they turn around, squeeze your neck and say "luh-you, mommy!"
Who knows?
All I know is, I'm grateful that I've had 2 AWESOME years getting to be his mama.
* This is not to say that I think every mom should feel this way, I just happen to :)
3 comments:
Holy cow! He's so big. Happy birthday Nolan!
Cute post! Cute boy! I will say one thing though... when it's your last baby, you may feel that sadness knowing you will never have another ________ stage again... That's what I am dealing with right now. :) Then again, certain stages are gonna be a blessing to never see again (can we say potty training?!)!
Cute post Wendy! Happy Birthday Big Nolan!
Post a Comment