Sunday, February 19, 2012

Holy Crap, Mike is OLD!!

Mike had a birthday! 
And just FYI- he's not old at all. He's really, really young.  I just like to tease him because he's a whole year and a half older than I will ever be. 

Here's all the sad, poorly lit photos.  I'm still in a bit of a photo funk. They all take place at the same crappy dining-room-table-full-of-love, and they are all from the same vantage point. 
It's ok.  I forgive myself :) 
Salsa stuffed pork chops and corn on the cob, as per the birthday boy's request. 
Delish, if I do say so myself. 




Opening presents!!  Wahoo! 
Cecily picked out a frisbee for her dad.  Priceless.




The kids "helping" dad open all the presents.  Wahoo! 




Here's Mikes FANTASTIC cake. Homemade lemon cake with strawberry butter cream frosting.  Honestly the best frosting I've ever made/ate in my life  No, really, it was amazing.  I used this recipe and although it took 5 hours (for real), the time was worth the yumminess, not to mention the many compliments from birthday man.  I wish I could have used raspberries, but they were like, $8.46 for a 1oz package practically, so I passed.  Strawberries were on sale and they substituted just fine.  Delicious, my friends.  You should try it if you have 5 hours to spare some time.  Or if you have a birthday coming up. 
I couldn't find my 9 inch round pans, so he got his own mini 5 inch round cake and the kids got cupcakes.  It worked out just fabulously.   Leftover cupcakes were taken to work the next day and I didn't even have to eat them all and gain 6 pounds!  Nice!


1 comment:

fran said...

Happy Birthday Mike~ Love the cake, yuuuuum~